Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm not Pessimistic nor Negative?

Hey! I'm not pessimistic, ok? Yes true, Malays have made leaps and bounds in terms Education and Progress..... I'm not denying that at all.

But.... we are still lagging behind considerably compared to other races in this country. And what's more, with the coming of foreigners, skilled and unskilled, hey.... we are in REAL DANGER of also lagging behind them also!!!

ALAMAK???

Just ask yourselves, how many of you are NOW reporting to a Superior who are not locally-born? Too many to mention, right? Even my close friend, an associate engineer is now reporting a China-born PR and that really dismays him BECAUSE he feels that he is MORE QUALIFIED that this China guy and that manager job should be his. But what my friend forgets, and I dare not tell him, is that his CHINA manager is earning $300 less than what my friend is getting monthly.....

Well, tell me the truth if my friend has his job secured??? NO, not at all.... because any engineer from China comes knocking and willing to take $500- $800 less, the Management will not think twice in giving my friend a BOOT! Ouch!!!

I'm really in difficulty to let my friend see the truth..the whole BIG PICTURE.

So I approach him in another way..... I told him to UPGRADE himself....... since he's just a Diploma holder, I told him to a get a DEGREE.

I think now he is really convinced! Because he told me yesterday that he wants to take up a degree on Islamic Banking since there is SUCH a HUGE PIE in that industry.

I was pretty amazed.... my friend, a bolt & nut technician.... then promoted many a times to a post of Engineer...now thinking to an Islamic Finance Banker??? Pretty weird... too see him next time in long-sleeves & tie....

But having said that, you can see now that humans are REALLY ADAPTABLE to CHANGE...we really can adapt if we brave enough to face challenges along the way....

Let's this story be a motivation to all & myself.... AMAZING, right???

No comments: